Our mission is to care for the natural setting entrusted to us and to enable all to find spiritual nurturance there.
- We offer a sanctuary where individuals, families and congregations may listen to the land and its creatures and deepen their inner lives.
- We nurture renewal of the soul within a wilderness setting, enabling visitors to grow spiritually by harmonizing with nature.
- We honor the privilege of protecting and preserving the land entrusted to us as stewards, and we extend the opportunity to share that stewardship with others.
- We believe the wilderness should be shared with a diversity of people so that the wilderness can bring peace and fulfillment to all who seek it.
Our vision for the Friends Wilderness Center is for individuals, families, and congregations:
- to experience peaceful fulfillment in a wilderness refuge;
- to attain spiritual growth in harmony with nature;
- to learn more about being reverent stewards of the land and to act on that new knowledge; and
- to protect and preserve this natural sanctuary for future generations.
We recognize that all people have good in them and the right and freedom to have whatever spiritual or religious orientation they feel best, we do not preach or recruit. You’re welcome to express your spirituality here.
"People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think what we are seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance with our innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That’s what it’s finally all about." –Joseph Campbell